Translate

Thursday 17 July 2014

Ripper

Here we are you and I
Trapped together in a war of wits
Who will be the first to falter?
Who will be the first to quit?
The first to fall, to admit defeat
You are my pray and… I?
I am your hunter
A killer? By all means, “The Ripper” of course
Reveal my name if you survive
Scream it until your lungs are hoarse
Surgical insertions examining your mind
These traumas are self-inflicted
Reworking the electrodes I find
Never initially I thought
Revealing my weapon was your kryptonite
Slashing my way into history
A hostile takeover before your very sight.
Yet here I stand with my scalpel in hand
As you persistently press forward
Searching for the meaning,
Striving to understand
Your eyes bleed with anxiety,
Damage impossible to mend
As I leave you begging for help,
Gasping for a breath before meeting your end.

Olsfred James 2014©

No comments:

Post a Comment