Translate

Sunday 3 May 2015

Verse


What have we done to each other?
Borrowed to the core and infused with every fibre of the other
Individual perceptions perpetuated by another
With lies and schemes we choose to believe it seems
I confess
I was a mess
Perfect I know I wasn’t
Two wrongs making a right; it doesn’t
But I can’t go back as the hands of time smacks me forward
Running away from conversations about us like a coward
Now it seems you were the only person with time invested
And my role in the relationship was to not be interested
In making it work between us
Between lust
With hers who were not her
I don’t concur
Because if these walls could talk they would have much to say
Because there’s always two sides to a story why lovers drift away.


Olsfred James 2015©


No comments:

Post a Comment