Translate

Friday 4 December 2015

Taijitu


There's darkness in me
Tainting my thoughts
And swaying my perception
Creeping tauntingly into my reality,
It calls to me with mischief 
And blissful thoughts of mayhem
Undying is its thirst for my attention.
There's a light in me
Unbiased and unconditional
Thriving for goodness
Stretching to my core.
Its blinds with radiance
Of love and appreciation
Selfless acceptance for all.
I am aware of these entities
Dwelling within me
An unstable concoction
Between polar opposites
Each laboring to be unrivaled
A constant battle of good and evil.
Every day I struggle to find a balance
Common ground for coexistence
I falter
I stumble 

But some days...
Some days I succeed.
Do not judge my journey
Or deny my propose
For each "me" or "I" in this piece
Is truly a "you"
While each "my" is "your".
Do not forsake the human in humanity
The heart that beats is of the same blood
Flowing between you and me.
The difference in our hues
Begs for the understanding and appreciation
It deserves.

Olsfred James 2015©


No comments:

Post a Comment