Translate

Saturday 19 November 2016

Atrophy

The love of art
Is an unrequited love
It is forever unsatisfied
As I am soiled with attempts
To mimic creation
With the rib - my pen -
Forging life in the form of words
Toiling endlessly between
Deafening pauses of incomplete verses.
Trapped in my head
Begging to be exorcised
As paper taunts me
Amassing my many failures
Against me
Secretly hiding away thoughts unwritten.
Pen snaps against papers back
As my jeered frustration
Resigns my inspiration.
Seconds to minutes
Minutes to hours
And so on
And so forth
Yet the torture continues
Atrophy settles
Between the ridges of my palms
With erupting calluses
Thick and hard
The seamless flow
In my prose
Has deteriorated
Aged with every letter spent
Every emotion scribed
As I am forced to live
Vicariously through the muse of others
Yet these words do not appease me
Because these lines are not mine
And I have become
The one forever unsatisfied
For stifling my art
For killing my creativity.
The love of art
Is an unrequited love

But it will forever be my true love.

Olsfred James 2016©

No comments:

Post a Comment