Translate

Sunday 18 December 2016

Vinyl

-source-










The creaks and cracks
Of her antique record player
Slowly chaperones the hollow echo
Of a dauntless verse.
With a natural ease,
The instruments amplify
And a tune chimes in
Stretching between halls
Invading every room
“If there's a cure for this
I don't want it
Don't want it
If there's a cure for this
I don't want it,
I don't want it
The music vibrates her soul
Narrating her thoughts
Drifting softly
Recalling days gone by.
She hugs the air
Weaving her fingers together
Imagining being nestled at the waist
Humming silently.
As her playlist
Ushered the evening
Each song opened with
A quiet whirring
As the needle gently kissed the vinyl
And she continued.
I watched her
Endlessly in thought
Dreamily swaying away
To her musical tradition
Stirring blended aromas
As I awaited Sunday’s dinner.

 Olsfred James 2016©



No comments:

Post a Comment