Translate

Sunday 11 November 2012

Grim



I am dead.
Lifeless
I have departed the world of the living.
I am immortal.
Forever
Everything around me is numb
Dull… Worthless
Everything ends before me; everything will end, before me
I exist because you exist
Until the soul forsakes the body
I stand watch…
Waiting…
Patient…
I bare no gifts but the wrath of my scythe
I will seize you
Weigh you...
Consume you…
Forget the tales of bribery or foolish attempts of trickery
Endeavors to retain that which you hold so dearly
The inevitable is inescapable.
Embrace my black tattered wings
Let the darkness of the abyss console you without a word
Make peace with your regrets
Misgivings and qualms
There was nothing for you there as you drift to the nothingness of here
A final destination if such should exist
Until you face your judgment
You are dead.
Lifeless
You have departed the world of the living.
I am your reckoning
The personification of death.


1 comment: