Translate

Monday 8 April 2013

Fragments


 
Tick. Tick. Tick.
As the time goes by
The resounding melody of a tearless cry
Figments of love, taken not replaced

Inescapable unrelenting
Thoughts obscured to the messages sending
Back tracking responses that should never exist
Sentenced to life in miserable bliss

Tenuous, this should never be
Hearing the murmurs of lies, like a melody
Yes... that sound resounding
Hammers away... the fracture...feel it coming

But who am I to judge? Whisper and point the finger
I lived this in your shoes bare backed through the cold of winter
While hungry dogs lashed at a bone I simper
Thighs on my neck as she claims I’m her own

To simply morn what was once so great
I dissipate

To less than I was before
These fragments of reality I chose to ignore.


Olsfred James & Mikhail Simmons 2013©

No comments:

Post a Comment