Translate

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Dusk


I can feel
The darkness approaching
As I pace the darkening streets.
The sun takes it final breath
Over the horizon.
Through the ridges
And over the valley
The night casts its shadowy blanket
From once laying dormant
Until this time to be reborn.
Stumbling lazily
Over the rooftops and trees
Until finally everything
Is within its palm.
I am in complete understanding
Of the term deafening silence
With thoughts so loud
You could swear they were speech.
Thoughts racing through my mind
None courteous enough to allow deliberation.
The chirping has ceased
Paused momentarily
Replaced by the creeks and cracks
Of the nightlife inhibitors
It is difficult not to miss
The night time noises
The creeping from
Nocturnal creatures
Busily going about their habits.
The blazing yellow now transformed
To the chaffed gray and white
Reflected by the eyes
Of creatures staring back at me.
Tonight, everything seems a mystery
Even the trees seems faintly conspicuous
Swaying in the cool nights breeze
The moon is my only companion
Until the dawn returns to form.

Olsfred James 2013©

No comments:

Post a Comment