Translate

Thursday 3 October 2013

Muse


There is a place beyond home
Beyond the valleys
Beyond the pines
Beyond the rushing streams of rivers and seas
Beyond, the cloud filled skies.

There is a place that haunts my memories
Rips me from reality
With daydreams of where I should be

A simple place.

Yet as simple as it may be
There was perfection in its beauty
Exceeding expectations 
Belittling my wildest imagination
Curbing my enthusiasm
Yet teased my appetition

I reminisce
Of my many chances at repetition
Of my many offers
To be there
To stay there
Prospects I squandered callously
Unaware of this regret I’d faced eventually

Oh if only the hands of time
Should somehow permit
Allowing my then to become my now
I promise these choices would not recommit.
Or somehow I could defy the test of time
Go back to the beginning when this place was mine
Prove for my sake it doesn’t exist
And remain forever at this place I long to revisit

Yet as I lay here
These memories dare not cease
I think of that place
I long for its peace
This place my senses know to be true
This place I long for is right beside you.


Olsfred James 2013©
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment