Translate

Thursday 23 January 2014

Flag

-source-

I’ve dusted the white flag
Raised it reluctantly above my head
I surrender
You win.
There is nothing more to say here
Nothing more to explain
I relish the thought of change
I welcome the transformation of its possibilities
But I have fought for as long as I could
I rest my case.

I’ve lost my voice
Lost my will to speak
To say what needs to be said
To rebut with my stance.
My resolve has expired
My lips feel weary
My tongue feels weak
My vocal chords are worn
Seemingly sprung a leak
So the words evaporate
Before I attempt to….

Let’s try something else
Take your ears from the floor
Retire of the murmurs of the passing feet
Listen to understand…
Not to respond
Not to formulate your best retaliation
Not for your chance to speak.
But m lungs seem clanged
Yet I fail to asphyxiate
A fate to easy
I am forced to remain
Reliving my mistakes
As you dare not to ever make me forget. 

Olsfred James 2014©
 

No comments:

Post a Comment