Translate

Sunday 2 November 2014

Nicola pt.5

It’s dark outside.
My joints stiffen.
I flex my fingers to relieve the tension
These chronic pains get worse at night
The nights seem intentionally colder
The stars are shrouded by the cloud filled skies
With every color tainted with shades of grey
The rain pouring down can be heard thumping my rooftop
Pita Pata
Pita Pata

Conversation seems flaccid
Unnatural and awkwardly forced
But it been a while and I shouldn't be impatient.
It’s impractical to think that we would forget
Forget everything that has happened to suddenly be back to normal.
Words are meager things
Frail and fickle
Squandered by the privileged tongue
Without proof - Without regard
Seldom without doubt
Alas! For what is the weight of words without action?
But a thoughtless contradiction
Just as feelings are a mental state
Easily removed as they came to be
But emotions, emotions are deep
They are apart of your being
The core of your expression
Emotion drives passion
Fuels it

They say memories are not reliable
That what we remember is usually altered by our emotions
Emotions and other thoughts at that time
Yet I remain certain than ever that what I remember is real
Maybe I fell in love with an idea
Still stuck in testing phase
Possibly latched onto a memory
In turn forgetting much of what transpired.
Yet here we are again Nicola
After months without a word
Here we are again. Whatever shall we do?



Olsfred James 2014©

No comments:

Post a Comment