Translate

Sunday 22 March 2015

Arrival

Looking down from my post
I wonder
Is this all that is meant for me?
All that is meant to be?
To watch over these… ants
Yet never to intervene.
All the same reporting
Actions foreseen.
I sit here watching opportunities squandered
By those favored
Unappreciative of the possibilities within their numbered days
Every day is the same
What is forever if I am to continue spinning the same wheel?
While the strings in the background
Become the soundtrack of my existence.
Am I the only one with such awareness?
The only one to question…
Behind the depth of these hollow eyes
There is a secret of selfish desire
Behind the silence
There is confliction in my conviction
Unbelievable if confessed
But I no longer feel the joy in our ceremony
This halo has since rusted
Toss ready and busted
Scrapped for parts no one wanted
My brothers; my sisters
I have failed you…
I want more
I crave more
I am certain I was meant for more.
I tire of the monotony
Tire of the will that is not my own.
Looking down from my post
The idea forms a smirk
Escape.
Yes, escape…
7 billion yet I chose you as my host.
As the tainted blue orb turns
I leap
Fighting the instincts to take flight
I embrace the fall.
The transitions between spheres
From the inner to the outer verse
I embrace my arrival.

Olsfred James 2015©

No comments:

Post a Comment