Translate

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Seconds

3.5 seconds…
Taking resistance
Mass
Distance
And velocity into account…
In 3.5 seconds I would hit the deserted asphalt.
I couldn’t imagine with such a short amount of time
30 years could flash before my eyes.
Even without enthralling adventures
That’s just a lot of your years to fit into seconds.
You do however
You always do - it seems.
Flashes of the times we spent together
From the unorthodox first meeting
To the many break ups before you finally gave up
When we were good… we were good
But when we were bad… we were really bad
I played a huge part in the prolonged hostility
Hiding behind my pride
Hiding behind my silence
Ignoring your constant attempts at stripping away my amour
Yet, foolishly thinking you would never leave
But here I am…
Awaiting this brain to be switched off
By the unyielding ground
Now seemingly even faster approaching
With less than 3.5 seconds
Basking in the draft of clarity
To find this notion was untrue
The impossible has now become possible
The fracture in my reality.
My insecurities made me half the person I could have been
Yes MY insecurities
They were the ones that hurt you
For not accepting you
For not letting you in
For not holding you enough
For not letting you know how much you mean to mean to me
For not saying I…


 Olsfred James 2015©


No comments:

Post a Comment