Translate

Sunday 20 September 2015

Goddess

The hues of her beauty…
Were indefinite,
Reflecting a kaleidoscope of brilliance
Awakening divine coalesce
Liberating pathways to other dimensions
Yet…
This only concealed the true spectrum
Of this goddess' power.
Scantily attired in her satin dress.
Knitted to perfection
With remains from broken hearts
Threaded inseam.
The fabric drenched red
From mangled arteries
Her intentions were clear
As she sieged the comfort of my bed
Trapped.
Cornered by the flames
Of her insatiable desire
She vowed to burn me asunder
Vowed to devour me whole
Rid me of my inhibitions
With the fervor of her power
My pleads burned to ash
Embers drifting to nothingness.
Her words ablaze with passion
Hid the truth of my ruin.
She tempted ravenous rapture
But admitted nothing of oblivion
As she sought to conquer my lust
And lay me to rest.
She toyed at my emotions
Jeering on with her seduction
Tempting my desire
But I knew
This goddess
This symbol of beauty
She, would be the death of me.
Ceremoniously amongst the lily white petals
Withering away as the sun faded
She would lay my head
Gently at the heels of jagged rocks
With a kiss from her blood stained lips
Forever branding my life as her own.

Olsfred James 2015©

1 comment:

  1. The flow of this is beautiful..that's what I enjoyed most about reading this. every sentence birthed into the other. Like so many others...among my favs!

    ReplyDelete