Translate

Saturday 12 September 2015

Guise


This mask I wear is not for me
But to further sedate your sense of security
Ever curious to see what lies beneath
Fixated on the paradox that is me.
I swing from both ends of the pendulum
Emotionally unstable - ever shifting
The outstretched corners of my lips
You call a smile
I consider the icing on this cake of lies.
I am constantly reminded why I favor this solitude,
These for walls in the space of my mind
Away from pointless interactions
Or needless social bonds
Built on a constant need to break each other down
I am constantly reminded why I retreat to my shell
And leave the world to crumble
Patiently waiting to watch it all burn.
Maybe I half expect the disappointments that follow
And as a result of this I never fully commit
To express more than I can sacrifice in any relation
Because at the end of the day
People will be people
No. Matter. What.

Olsfred James 2015©

No comments:

Post a Comment