Translate

Saturday 29 August 2015

Naima pt.2

She sleeps
Sprawled across the bed
In her ever contorted positions.
I wonder if she is even dreaming
Her face bares no expression yet she seems peaceful
And unconcerned with the brilliance of the rising sun
Or the increasing uneasy temperature of the room.
My shirt is whelmed by the trickles of dribble
Oozing from between her lips
I can feel the icky unpleasantness slowly seeping
Spreading between the cotton fibers then plastered to my skin
Yet… Comfortably, she lays in place, serenaded by the songs of my heartbeats
Rocked to the lullaby with the heaves of my chest.
It would be a shame to disturb her slumber
To wake her from her imaginations wonder
Of whatever princess fascination she created for herself
So I leave her to sleep and not bare any disappointments in myself. 
Yet with awful timing my mobile goes off
And she awakes with a sheepish gaze asking…
"Daddy do I have karate today?"
I smile, dazed by the twinkle in her eye
And the randomness of her question
Stroking her head gently before I answer…
"No baby, go back to sleep it's only Sunday"


Olsfred James 2015©


No comments:

Post a Comment