Translate

Sunday 31 January 2016

Pages


I whisper truth within these pages
Breaths of life
From the lung of my fingertips
Into bodies I have never met
Yet in need of lyrical respiration.
These artificial manuscripts
Undressed of my comfort
Collate my secrets shared
My true self remains bare.
Slain by my demons
Seen and unseen
Known and unknown
Slithering their way to find refuge 
Between the cracks of these pages.
To some,
We may hide behind our words
As angry fingers force their aggression,
Plead their case
And bare their pain
Before the likes of fluorescent screens
Or nestled in familiarity of the lead point.
Fragile is each piece
Vulnerable
Complicated
"Handle with care"
Is written here…
Seeking acceptance
From the outside
From sharing the inside
But greater is the whole
Do not mock my journey
Or diminish my purpose.

Olsfred James 2015©


No comments:

Post a Comment