Translate

Sunday 31 January 2016

Solitary


I promise you…
I'm fine.
By the end of this
We'll be right back here.
I just need some time to myself
Retract to my shell.
Lately…
I've found comfort within the walls of my mind;
Once congested with insecurities
Negativity and uncertainty.
In my quest to find silence
To shake the disorientation
I found my center.
I can do without the negativity
The split tongued conversations
Hissing this week’s scoop
Of freshly brewed gossip
I can do without the hushed tones
Passing their unwavering judgment
So please
Don't ask me if I'm okay.
It's not the end of the world if one day,
I'm not as perky as yesterday 
Not smiling as usual
Or willing to engage in conversation.
For now,
I prefer the company of my shadow
While I shuffle through my thoughts
Because as I said…
I'm fine.

Olsfred James 2015©


No comments:

Post a Comment