Translate

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Sacrifice


I hope
I survive tonight
when all my fears come to light
nestled in an unhatched cocoon
this world must make me for a fool
Years and Years of child’s play
What is time?
But a singly solitary moment,confined
Shaping space with memories defined
Too premature now,
The words come out and the actions follow
I wish the earth would open and swallow, me
Free me from this mental slavery
let me commit this single act of bravery
There, there I hope I survive the night

I hope
I survive tonight
when all its secrets lies and alibis
Indecent proposals no longer can hide
the silver tongue was my distraction
Stir-crazy from no action
Foolish that this place would, no , could
Forever be my comfort
Confusing the Stockholm of years suffered
Maybe I should offer the last ounce of blood it wants from me
Since my sweat and tears were not of quality
Give an arm as sacrifice
Yet I’ve already done that twice
There, there, I hope I survive the night’

I hope
If I survive tonight
As I take the last stand in this
cataclysmic fight
The sound of war deafens the silence
The cries of terror, give me penance
That I should walk away
That I should contemplate to stay?
Wave the white flag
be the difference
Wipe away the agony from earths existence
Be the reason
That this moment in history
Will be a monument
OF innocent blood shed
Tarnished by the world around it
If i survive tonight
I become the ultimate sacrifice


Gloreen Lake & Olsfred James 2015©

No comments:

Post a Comment