Translate

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Pentimento

-source-

The canvas is smeared
The purity
The perfection
No more.
The tainted splatter
Plastered without reason
Without pattern
Without aim
Random.
Every idea; half-finished
Every thought; incomplete
Inspiration inconsistent
Frustration boils
Eventually overflows.
My preparations amount to zero
This was to be my stamp in history
My Mona Lisa
My Starry Night
Oil on cottonwood
Atmospheric illusionism
Yet each stroke is a countdown to my failure
A countdown until I admit defeat.
The running ink taunts me
Jeering its remarks in silence
Inching further down the boards end
Then permanently dries resembling reproach.
Curse you!
Again I strike the cloth
Then again…
And again…
Each time fueled with anger and self-pity
Again…
And again…
Watching colors unveil
Blending into another
I empty myself with each stroke
Every doubt
All inhibitions
Until somewhere in between
The daub of paint
And mental fatigue
I watch on from my mind’s eye
Escaped from my being
As my hands take over - Doing as they please
Everything I attempted emerges as one
Combining my pain of confusion and disorder.
Until finally
I am satisfied
This is my masterpiece.

Olsfred James 2015©

No comments:

Post a Comment