Translate

Sunday 22 July 2012

Descent



Am naked and fully soiled from my descent
The smell of burnt flesh consumes the air
My once well crafted wings have been tarnished
Reduced to ashes
My limbs appear to toy with me
Proving much difficulty to stand
From this stance, the sun… as they call it… is but a blotch in the sky
My sky…
It’s unbelievable such a minuscule… Thing
Could have had such a massive effect

The air is new here,
Impure… tainted.
Everything seems weary and malodorous
Lifeless even…
A darkness looms above
I am apprehensive about it all
As the shadow only adds to my melancholy

No longer shall I feel the wind beneath my wings
As I glide through the celestial sphere
No longer shall I gaze beyond the setting sun
Or feel the warmth of its beauty against my face
No longer shall I be free to embrace the wonders of the wild blue yonder
Father forgive me I know I have offended you with my actions
Disobeyed you simply because…
I dared to dream.
To defy my boundaries .
To put my limitations to the test.
Now here I am deformed. Removed from my former glory
Seared beyond recognition
Another tale to compare with Icarus and his… no, our… failed ambition.

No comments:

Post a Comment