Translate

Sunday 29 July 2012

Nicola pt.3


Difficult are the days as we transition from friends to strangers
No more warm “Hello”…
Even the winter nights seem intentionally colder
Like the stinging fatal bite from a mantis on its lover
Tell me, what’s a good thing if it won’t last forever?
I wish I could rip you from memory and cast you aside
Forget I knew anything about you
Your smell, your touch, your kiss
A depth of feelings I could never hide

I wish you could live in my mind for just one day
Simply to understand how I feel
It’s like I have said the same thing a thousand times
Yet my lips remain sealed.
Now am filled with the morning after tales of confusion and regret
Drunk on… Drunk on… damn you!
Why do I persist? Why do I continue?
Flogging this corpse of a relationship to get through to you

I tire of these incomplete nights
These egg shell conversations to avoid a fight,
Yet after the self induced smiles
Champagne and wine
The ghost of you remains.
Remnants of our days
Earnestly replays
As I passively carry on with my now habitual ways.
Cursed, flawed and tainted I roam
Considering any bed I lay my head a home.
Sleep is no more than the hands of Pandora
Plagued by an unrelenting grasp of what was, could be, but is no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment