Translate

Thursday 2 August 2012

Guitar


Pluck on your strings
Whether nylon or steel
Nothing else will give satisfaction
Wrap your narrow arms around its rigid frame
As your hair lays neatly along your saddle
Play me your tune.
I long for the comfort in your acoustic sound
The comfort within your harmonies
Pull on your keys
Your fingers are my medication
Pull on your keys
You chorus is my preservation
Let your bridge vibrate
As you draw on each note
Effortlessly linking verse
Whether major or minor
Perfect remains your score
Perfect remains your tune
Keep my senses wanting more.
Tap on its hollow body
Then fret your strings in a single motion
With a song dedicated only to me
Pause but only for a moment
To let your chords channel emotion
Echoing through my being
Swivel your plastic pick through your slender fingers
As you deliberate between bars.
Strum my pain as Lauryn in her days
Do not let this night come to an end
But if you must, please take me with you
Yet at the end of your song and the last string’s strung
I’d still give you a standing ovation…
Beautiful soloist , thank you for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment