Translate

Sunday 26 August 2012

Nicola pt.4



Together we took an eraser to the line
Removed all restrictions, discarded all inhibitions
But it’s decided.
I have made up my mind
This final ode I consider your eulogy
Rest in peace Nicola
Farewell, my friend, my lover
I pay tribute to your precious memories, sometimes through laughter;
Occasionally through tears, but mostly through my obvious love and affection for you
No longer will I torture myself in your name
Chastising my mind, body and soul in hopes of a higher understanding
But I am no Saint and this mortification is in vein

Do you think about me? Have you missed me the little I’ve been gone?
Does your mind wander then wonder over where I am now?
Do you drown in thoughts...? Drown in tears…?
There was never a guarantee we ever had a future
Yet as the ocean embraces the shore
Your love consumed me leaving me wanting for more
Washing me anew
Unaware of the beauty that was within until I collided into you
I dedicate these lines to your memory
To the girl I passed now and then in the hallways
To the conversations we had with our eyes
Before profession from our lips
To the girl who knew what I was thinking
Long before the thought was complete
I wanted to be the best you ever had or would ever attain

Now it’s beautifully depressing and am stained with the relic of you
The nostalgia of it all
Yet as I lay here scripting my final words of parting you from mind
Your picture displays on my mobile
A return call after all these months
As if only tonight I had returned to existence
Or had these constant thoughts of you removed the distance
I wonder can you tell my heart races from the yearning it undergoes
As I reluctantly answer
Then manage to muster a somewhat fragile effort to be earnest…
“Hel...lo?”


No comments:

Post a Comment