Translate

Sunday 19 August 2012

Occupied


I sat there,
Four walls and my thoughts
With a pen and a thousand sheets of paper
A thousand sheets to raise an army
A thousand sheets to sooth a heart
A thousand sheets to summarize or expound any matter of the mind
Delicate sheets, white sheets, blank and waiting to be stained

I could start anytime
Scribble a few words to make them rhyme
Like dime, chime, crime, lime
So easy... couldn’t it be?
Yet here I am
Waiting for it to happen
Waiting for that feeling to hit
Waiting for everything to flow
To take me to that place drifters go
Whether here nor there
Wandering and ever wondering
Lost in transit
Locked away in the mind

Yet as I sit here
Rattling my brain against its cage
Intent on steadying my concentration
For a brief moment the idleness
Soon finds me putting rhythm
To the constant dripping of a fixture nearby from a lack of vision
Until the pins and needles begin to take over
Stiff and achy as I clench my toes
Oh my toes… no, her toes…

I smile to myself.
Just then it hit,
Rapid and hard like a hundred bricks
Finally the idea, finally the concept, finally the model
The inspiration of something thrilling
Something daring
Something new and innovative at last comes to mind…
Until there is a sudden voice and knock at the door
“Hello? Anyone in there?”
And I respond.
“Yes! It’s occupied”


No comments:

Post a Comment