Translate

Sunday 22 July 2012

Tonight...


Who should I be tonight?
Tonight…
Tonight I am graced by your presence
Hungry eyes eager for another line… another phrase… another sentence
But I came unprepared
Caught somewhat off guard
With - rudely - no presents
Yet I’ve been thinking since our last encounter
That I should be a bit more suave with you
A little more… je ne sais quoi
Tonight should be the death of me
The old me
The person I no longer wish to be
Don’t get me wrong
It’s ok to be broken yet caring
Free spoken yet fearing
But what’s the point?
Words are a mere illusion
Allowing you to see what I want you to see
Causing me to be things I don’t want to be….
The mysterious type with my many hidden levels and layers
Possessing your mind
Transcending with words - a transformation takes form
Like an Autobot or a deceptacon.
Riddles and rhymes spewing through my mind
Probing for answers too hidden to find
Magnifying the minute
Minimizing the massive
How limited is your imagination?
How restricted is the power of your mind?
I am not religious but poetry is a sign
Yet you must understand
Am a simple man
With a pen and a paper at hand
I can be who I wanna be
…….But who should I be tonight?
Tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment