Translate

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Travels

Instagram has many talented writers from all over the world and my newest friend @Aura_Bennett happens to be one of them. Check out our collab below:

Take me there
Between the carved spaces of places
These pages have to offer.
Away from these mundane surroundings 
Reciting tales I've known forever
My soul yearns for more
To be fed the words I read
Sustenance in new horizons, stretching longingly,
Waiting to be discovered
Hidden gems of this
Blue marble in wait to be uncovered.
Sate me in the kiss of morning
Afoot the enduring allure of the Himalayas
Smother me with the garnered culture of India
Allow me to bask in the colors of beauty
Plastered about the cities lost in time
Forever vibrant to the touch
To then unfurl in the blossom of the Amazon
While serenaded between the winding corridors and canals of uncharted depths.



Take me there
Take me to dwell between the blanched snow of Mount Fuji,
leaving mere footprints of the journey to the shades of my existence
Let me be soothed by the cotton waters of Lake Hilliers,
my senses enriched by the smell of colors as rosy as cheeks
Allow me to taste the colors of the rainbow in the Tulip Fields of Netherlands,
awaken my tongue to the variance of their broad being
Permit me to bathe my sight in the vividness of the Cano Cristales River,
open up a new world to me, 
arouse my eyes into which world you dwell
I would love to say I'm on a conquest to color the world with my travelling desire,
but I would much rather have the world color me.



Olsfred James and Aura Bennett 2016©

No comments:

Post a Comment