Translate

Sunday 24 June 2012

Hidden


 
The girl who loved the sky was missing.
Some said she made her way through the byways and sideways
To eventually find her way.
Others say she never left at all
Never moved an inch since the last time she was seen
Stunned by the happenings, idly lingering, but remained unseen.
She had not been to her usual place for sometime
Had not renewed her collection of unusual style
Yet I waited. Patiently I waited for the girl.
Praying and hoping she would one day return
Return to me and all I knew her to be
To continue on a dialogue as a short shrift
Or to fill a void as if she had never been missed.

I could say I knew her even though she was still a mystery
With eyes of profound secrets,
Secrets that should never be shared;
Pleading for life outside the ordinary, life outside the misery;
If it was ever so simple,
Simply to live simply to be free;
Captivity in this life would be no more
No more pain… just distant fading memories.

Minutes went by, hours followed,
Days passed, allowing weeks to pursue
‘Till finally she made an appearance as if she had never left.
With a smile now hitched to her face
Her blue dress succeeded in complimenting her slender frame
I wanted to ask her where she had been
Or avoid the obvious awkwardness by stirring one of our many witty banters.
Yes, as mentioned before I could say I knew her
But if I did, why did I abuse her
Why did I allow her to leave?
Why did I accept her friendship then later deceive?
Pointless questions to ask because I knew
Ashamed to admit it to myself for an action so unforgiving
That I was the reason the girl who loved the sky was missing.


No comments:

Post a Comment