Translate

Sunday 10 June 2012

Honestly



The phone rings
Though I hesitate I reluctantly answer
She’s crying
I could say am sorry but I choose not to lie to her
Her words are muffled as she speaks
She’s upset
Cause earlier over the Motorola I told her I could not be her lover
She thought we had punch drunk love
But this boy was sober
“What’s the meaning of this?” She exclaimed
Calling me a dog, a user and other alternative names.
I could be honest an say,
“I prefer to hear the silence within the nothingness
Before the plate hits the floor
Before your lungs take breath and lips form words once more”
But I’ve tried that
And realized that
It all makes no sense.
There is an absence of evidence
My efforts of talking and listening had any relevance
Seriously, what’s the point of living like zombies?
With a face of poker
Then every time I come around you give me the cold shoulder.
Yet I responded
Replied to the point
Calmly as I always do
“Baby, you won’t understand, it’s me not you”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment