Translate

Sunday 25 January 2015

Feature - "Just I"


This featured piece is a personal favorite from an old friend who has finally decided to let pen touch paper once more.
Keep the creativity flowing Glo!

Just I
no one else.
I talk to the words on this paper
and they talk back to me
they don't leave me hanging
they don’t make me feel lonely
all I have is 'I'.
my source of comfort
makes me feel needed
makes me feel protected
I - loves me when no one
else makes the time
it gets lonely at times even
frustrating when you crave
communication and all you
have is I.
many a night spent crying
my thoughts alone with me
the silence is frightening
can anyone hear me?
I guess it’s just I.
I can't help but wonder
can I lose myself?
who would come looking?
who would notice I'm gone?
a nocturnal being
this world is my prison.
slit the wrist , cut the throat
end the pain, end the fear,
end the cold – I’m freezing.
lonely is just a word like life
but emotions...now those
are real...emotions stifled
because of circumstance
drives me crazy...  but who
gives a damn...only I...
I keep hearing myself
but no one gets it...breaks
my heart....have you ever
felt your heart break?  Feel
it drop like weight to your
toes… The pressure is building
with nowhere to go. Survival
isn’t just about living anymore
...fuzzy logic...flipped upside
down.....and all I have....The
only who feels it is I.

Gloreen Lake 2014©

No comments:

Post a Comment