Translate

Monday 26 January 2015

Insomniac











I dare not sleep
For morning comes too swiftly
Dusk greets dawn when I am not looking
Time begins to move far too briskly
During my slumber they conspire
Thinking I am unaware
But I heard them
I swear it. I heard them
Their treachery was loud and clear.

I dare not sleep
Delaying the scheme to come
Forced to relive yesterday disguised as today
So overt it’s covert
But tomorrow is not fooling anyone
They’re surprisingly cunning
The best at their game
But something seems off
Yet everything is the same.

I dare not sleep
But the man in white says I should
I suspect he is in cahoots with the others
But the pills he gave me tasted so good
Now my energy seems an enemy
Why did I just yawn?
Maybe I could close my eyes
For a minute. Just a min…
Oh my goodness what have I done!

Olsfred James 2015©


No comments:

Post a Comment