Translate

Monday 26 January 2015

Gossamer

So should the sky fall tonight
I pray we’ll see the light
Somewhere at the end of a tunnel
Like a fire burning bright
I know we’ve missed our flight
But two wrongs don’t make it right
And every time we sit off in silence
I still wonder why we fight.
I still wonder what we’ve done
With all the heartless words we flung
While the only way we express how we care
Is to judge all we did wrong
When did the tune leave our song?
When did the air leave our lung?
When did the promises begin to mean nothing?
Or was it like this all along
I can’t recall; I can’t tell
My heart drowned as I fell
Over the edge of the rainbow
Now I’m surrounded by this hell
This hell of you
This hell of me
This was not meant to be
Consumed and surrendered to everything
Lost stars within the galaxy
If I could close my eyes; click my heels
From this dream I would be free
If I could remove the plank from my eye
The answers I could see
But who breaks a butterfly upon a wheel?
Addicted to more than we need feel
Unable to recognize the reality
Of the hands we sort to deal
But should the sky fall tonight
I pray we’ll see the light
Somewhere at the end of a tunnel

Like a fire burning bright.


Olsfred James 2015©


No comments:

Post a Comment