Translate

Monday 26 January 2015

Naima

Pain hits.
The force of what seemed like a thousand bricks connects with my face.
My head racks backward and for a brief moment drifting to the darkness seemed like the favorable choice. 
Just close my eyes and sink into unconsciousness.
The thick trickling blood tickles my nostril on its way out and triggers a need to sneeze.
I suppress it for fear of the strain the pain would cause.
This is one of many encounters but the first to make me cower.
Ripping me from dream, leaving me thinking what the...
My assailant is unthreatened by my presence
Impervious to an attempt at retaliation as she lays there
Deep in slumber
Mouth slightly ajar as these soft cat-like moans escape
Her hands and feet toss wildly until finally she settles
Possibly reenacting the excitement from her fun filled day
So innocent and clearly unaware of the injury she caused
So I swallow my embarrassment
Tuck her in once more with a kiss on her forehead.
“Sleep well princess”
As I proceed to do the same.

Olsfred James 2015©

No comments:

Post a Comment