Translate

Sunday 25 January 2015

Nothing

"What do you feel?"
-Emptiness
Yet, how do I relate a feeling so profound?
Like the morphine in my veins had made its way around
It started maybe 3 weeks ago,
I suppose in a way my body was preparing for what was to come next. 
Things that would normally provoke a physical reaction 
In its place there was now... 

"An emptiness inside?"
-Open
My system now numb
Begins to shut down 
I almost thought for a moment I was a sociopath
Like I finally lost it
Something was amiss

"Tried shaking it off?"
-Unshaken
How do I summarize that which can only be felt?
When, at the same time, 
It's like the first stone had no impact the moment they began to pelt
My skin it did welt
In this desolation I dwelt
I suspected my hormones were to blame 
Buried my head in humiliation

"Tell me more...."
-Futile
I compare this to the drifting 
Out into the endless sea
Where the ocean stretches forever
Surrounding....No....Consuming me
I can’t articulate it 
But my words never did it justice
I fought with myself, pondered the thoughts, of this emptiness

"All you ever need is one word"
-Void
I drown
Or the lack thereof, invading my lung
One word summarized all the infinitesimally small feelings 
One word that seems to describe all this.....
.....Yet I still can’t explain what this nothingness has done 

"I think you just did"
-Bareness
Any talking makes no sense like the surrendered last birds' song
Where I am aware I should hurt but my brain does not respond
Perhaps
Or maybe it's just… nothing.



Olsfred James & Gloreen Lake 2015©

No comments:

Post a Comment