Translate

Friday 15 July 2016

#ForgiveMe


I ran. Ran as fast as my legs could carry. Ran with blurred vision from teary eyes. Further and further with each step. Stomping on crumbled expectations and broken dreams, I ran. My legs begged for rest but my mind begged for escape. 

The watching moon was the only witness of my departure. The only friend on this journey. Trailing me between the dangling trees. Pale eyes fixated on me. He knew this was the right thing to do, lighting my way when unsure of my path then hiding me in his shadow to move unseen.

Deeper into the night away from the comfort of light, deeper into the melancholy of the darkness, I ran. Passed the familiarity of my past to the unknown of my future. I ran.

My heart pounded ferociously within the walls of my chest. Dipped and skipped. Cried in pain. Cried from the betrayal. Threatened to give up. Collapse and stop if my exploits did not halt. I wanted to make it better. I needed to make it better. So I ignored its cry, ignored its pain.

I am doing this for you. Forgive me. Forgive me. My mind knows better than to trust frivolous notions of love. You are beautifully passionate with every beat but blind that every "her" you meet is a kindred spirit. So I must protect you. One day when you have calmed and all of this is behind us, you will know I did this for you - my heart.


Olsfred James 2016©

No comments:

Post a Comment