Translate

Thursday 14 July 2016

Surly

As my name leaves her lips

Her voice sends ripples
Across the plains of time 
Traveling unabated
Rousing the smallest figment
Of imagination
Stirring dormant memories
Of a life unlived
Of this loveless lover
Awaiting response to her call.
I must resist
Resist the instinct to answer
The desire to be quelled 
By all she offers
To taste the longing in her lips
The familiarity in her touch
I must fight from my core
The hopelessness to be found
To be the prey to her hunger
The victim to her lust
She is an untamed fire
Wild and free
Yet cruel and impartial
Burning all asunder
I once lived amongst her flames
Endured the heat of her passion
Until, ultimately my use
Had reached its expiration
Then left for dead
With the trophies she claimed
Shall I run?
Seek refuge in the unknown
Hide these moments
Deep within fissures of my past
Or shall I return to her den once more?
I shuffle between thoughts
As my name leaves her lips
And lingering echoes
Await a response.


 Olsfred James 2016©

No comments:

Post a Comment