Translate

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Awake


Day 15 | 2:15 am
He crept up on me in the midst of my preparation
My hands trembled
 “Damn it!’ I think to myself as I return to my quarters
His presence was expected but sooner than anticipated
He seems overly zealous tonight. I sense his eagerness.
“I applaud you my foe I see you’re a man of dedication
But tonight is the night I surely shall win
The battle has begun… Let the stand-off begin”
Aimlessly, I greeted him. No response as usual just my silly rambles to the air
As the drifting echo from the closing door reminds me of how alone I am.

“You asked for an easier way out of here
Therefore you have been recruited for a special program.
 All you need to do is… close your eyes!”

Day 15 | 2:51 am
They call me a psycho, while they are the ones playing these psychotic games.
They drugged me
Poisoned me
And now keeps tabs on my resistance.
Nothing but your mind exists in this facility.
No rewards for your achievements, no feedback on your performance
Days merged together with only one possible conclusion
As the single hanging clock is a reminder, seemingly, counting down…

“Tick tock, tick tock
I just can’t escape the sound of the…
Tick tock, tick tock
Resonating in my brain why doesn’t it…
Tick tock, tick tock”
I mumble to myself
Reading the now fading words scribbled on the wall
Signs that I was not the only rat trapped in this lab.

Day 15 | 3:39 am
It’s peaceful on the other side he says
It’s easier to close your eyes he says
With his many attempts at my heart’s desire
Yet I refuse to be his pawn
Refuse to be used or treated as a fool
I’ve heard it all before
I’ve been here times before
Made note of his tricks now known as his trade
So I do not care for his false promises and intangible trinkets.

Day 15 | 4:42 am
Hour after hour the unending contest vigorously prolonged.
Limbs begin to tire and I sense him mocking my every futile attempts
But my flaw was in a blink which lasted a second too long
A vision of life looms into focus
She touches my skin
Hands so soft
Skin so radiant
“No! This is not real!”
I must hold on to reality my faith cannot so easily be sealed.
Desperately I fought to not give-in to his illusions
But as the days toll now takes effect
I’ve failed – tricked – and willingly I’ve fallen into his grasp
It was evident the contest was over even before it had begun
For the Sandman; the ruler of sleep, is a contender impossible to outrun!


No comments:

Post a Comment