Translate

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Legendary


Into battle we go
     Both with minds on victory
          Opponents’ worlds apart
Thirst to be sketched in history
     This war, it may have started elsewhere
           But ends here, before this very sheet of paper
A man for today but a legend - in time - later
      Standing at the brink of fate
           Peter waits at the pearly gates
Your soul to keep – Your hand to greet
      The moment you fall to my feet
           With weapons of destruction chosen
A battle of the century begins
      But forever this day is frozen
 
Into battle we go
      Sound the trumpets of war
           Slice, rip, slash and tear
Until my rival is no more
       I have won – I am him. The Messiah? No
           Something of a poet aka your lyrical savior
Bow not before me as I am one of many
       But read or take heed and listen – Then hate or adore me
           As my finely tuned words take form
I’ve proven my valor is true
       A pen at hand a sword in yours
           Yet I am mightier than you.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment